Sightia Surface Evaluation
Validate residual stress values, Nondestructive residual stress validation, X-ray diffraction
Sightia™ is the brand name of the technology used to evaluate surfaces after the blasting and peening process. It was developed by Sinto, delivering surface evaluation treatment as a total package. This technology is applicable to various industries, from component parts for automotive, aircraft, and construction machinery to springs, dies, tools, etc.
Sightia series offers total support for surface evaluation in all industries where high strength is required.
- Auto parts
- Infrastructure Construction
- Many more
We have enabled the measurement and inspection of various surfaces that could be evaluated before. Sinto offers 2 different options. The first option is the ECNI-1 and the second option is the PSMX-II.
- Non-destructive, Inspect the entire peening processed surface without damaging it
- Uses an eddy current probe to test parts prior to peening to make sure there are no defects in part
- Real-time, in-line inspection device that can be used on parts with an OD between 20-250mm and a width of 20-60mm.
- Inspects peening quality without causing damage by scanning post-peening parts.
- Test data is collected within 3 seconds and a pass/fail result is determined
- Can also be used after the peening process to verify coverage and detach any defects in the surface of the parts
- Possible to inspect all products by installing a device into the existing conveyor
- Fastest X-ray diffraction residual stress measurement device on the market
- Two models
- Standard Model: measures the residual stress on parts after they have been peened, 10 second cycle time
- High Speed Model: 6 to 7 second cycle time, provides total visualization of stress value measured at the part surface
- In-line stress measurement device.
- Incorporating in a single piece process flow achieves inspection of surface residual stresses of all products within cycle time.
Read more about Sightia: https://www.theshotpeenermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/3-Summer-2017.pdf
For more information, please email Bill Traeger, firstname.lastname@example.org